Sunday, March 16, 2017, at 1:00 p.m. at Brandywine Towne Center
- Call to Order President Frank Lusch asked for a Moment of Silence to remember Dean Seramone who passed away recently. Dean was the son of Northcrest residents, Joe and Desi Seramone, and he removed the snow from the development’s streets for many years.
- Minutes from November 20, 2016 Meeting – were accepted as prepared.
- Treasurer’s Report – as presented by Al Sordi was accepted unanimously. The projected checkbook balance at 3/25/17 was $5,641.82. A copy of the report was distributed at the meeting. The actual checkbook balance at 3/25/17 was $5,879.32, since both the snow removal invoice and the related state reimbursement were not received before 3/25/17.
- Unfinished Business
- Northcrest Park Information President Frank Lusch continues to contact the New Castle County Parks Department to set up a meeting to discuss renovations of our community park. Water and drainage issues need to be addressed before moving forward with any improvements. State and County budget shortfalls are potential funding issues.
- Northcrest Entrance Sign Light fixtures at the entrance sign are broken again. An electrician will be contacted to repair or replace the fixtures, as necessary.
- Traffic Study State Representative Sean Matthews discussed the Zebley Road Study he requested from the Delaware Department of Transportation. Del DOT recommended better signage, tree trimming, and vegetation removal along Zebley Road.Â However, the amount of traffic on Zebley and side roads did not warrant the installation of all-way stop signs, according to the report.
- Phone Number to Report Road Problems Sean Matthews provided Del DOT’s 24/7 phone number to report road problems, such as pot holes: #77 from a cell or 302-659-4600 from a phone.
- Northcrest Home Sales Frank said two homes were currently under contract.
- Snow Removal Report Brandywine Turf Management, Inc., the snow removal company who clears Afton streets, also did Northcrest this winter. Residents mentioned that it was a good job. As always, the shape of the courts present a problem of where to pile the snow, and residents requested that all the snow not be placed at the end of the courts or in front of mailboxes.
- Car Break Ins – Residents stated that thieves are opening unlocked cars in driveways and removing items. One thief left his foot prints in the snow. New Castle County Police were notified. There are also drug problems in and surrounding the Northcrest park, according to meeting attendees.
- New Business
- 2016-17 Dues will be $15. Invoices were distributed prior to the meeting.
- Association Wide Garage/Yard Sale Proposed for the Saturday after Mother’s Day.
- Snow Removal Concerns Discussed above.
- Community Concerns – Call 911 if you see drugs being sold or used in the area.
- Next TENTATIVE Meeting- June/July 2017
07/05/17 Prepared by Mary Sordi, Secretary